RPU <-> AC eUpgrade trade?

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by okurisama, Aug 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. okurisama

okurisama Member

Status Points:
    I find myself sitting on 27 Aeroplan eUpgrade points with the prospect of flying no more upgradeable AC trips before they expire next February. I do, however, have a couple of NRT-HKG roundtrips on UA in little over a week that could benefit from RPUs. As such, I was wondering if anyone here is in a complementary situation and would be interested in making a trade.

Probably a long shot, but... no harm in asking ;-)

ACMM likes this.
  2. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone you wish to nominate on your list must be an Aeroplan member and once added to your list cannot be removed until the next qualification year. Also putting someone on your nominee list and requesting an upgrade for them does not guarantee that the upgrade will occur. Also their status for the upgrade will depend on your AE status.

From the AE website

Just a few things to think about :)

BTW Welcome to Milepoint :)

3. okurisama

okurisama Member

Status Points:
    The above are good points, thanks for making them. Much like RPUs, AC eUps CAN clear in advance but in my experience do often result in waitlisting (I'm 5/6 this year, all wl cleared @gate). For posterity (clearance priority, points-required calculation) I'm AC*E, and wouldn't be posting if I wasn't willing to give up an eUp nominee slot (or two ;-) Finally, it is true that an eUp nominee must have an AP number attached to any reservation for which an upgrade request is made; however, I understand it's possible to change the earning program back to, e.g., MP once the request is made.

ACMM likes this.
  4. Jimgotkp
    Original Member

Jimgotkp Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think you mean GPU. Also, what fare class are you booked under?

ACMM likes this.
  5. ACMM
    Original Member

ACMM Gold Member

Status Points:
    If cleared at the gate the the nominees AE status will come into play I believe...

Further details here

6. okurisama

okurisama Member

Status Points:
    No, I mean RPU -- NRT-HKG is intra-asia and therefore regional, per UA. I'm in W-class, which I believe is upgradeable (from the same source).

7. okurisama

okurisama Member

Status Points:
    Just thought I'd not-so-subtly ask again -- if any frequent UA fliers have upcoming trips operated by AIr Canada that they'd like to upgrade, and have RPU's they'd be willing to trade to do so, please contact me. I still have all upgrade credits available for trade, but my UA flights are coming up in a little over a week.