Royal Ambassador upgrade at IC London Park Lane

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by The Mileage Millionaire, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. The Mileage Millionaire
    Original Member

The Mileage Millionaire Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am a Royal Ambassador and will be staying at the InterContinental London Park Lane for two nights later this month. The first night is booked into an Executive Room using the Friends & Family Rate, and the second night is booked into a Classic Room using a Sweet Dilemma Free Night.

What kind of upgrade(s) should I expect? Do you think the hotel will require me to change rooms after the first night?

The Executive Room includes access to the Club Lounge. Do you think the hotel will extend complimentary access to the Club Lounge on the second night?

Chimpy likes this.
  2. Margaret
    Original Member

Margaret Silver Member

Status Points:
    The IC Park Lane is quite liberal with its comps. I stay there when I have hospital appointments and they upgrade me even though I've lost my RA status due to not travelling much because of protracted illness. You'll be very happy there.

3. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Maybe, but what this hotel calls a suite is simply a regular hotel room that is a bit larger. During the short period I was an RA, I tried this hotel and was hugely disappointed with the "upgrade."

4. no-backpacker
    Original Member

no-backpacker Silver Member

Status Points:
    You will get an upgrade and I don't think you will have to change room, but I don't think you will get lounge access the last day. This hotel is nice if you have lounge access, but for me, nothing special without. I stayed there three times last year and only because I became RA I thought I would give the hotel another chance in January. We payed to get lounge access and the stay was ok. I stayed there once more two weeks later and I don't know if I will stay there again, maybe if I get a good rate. (Even at my last stay they didn't manage to say "welcome back Mrs. no-backpacker". I don't expect them to remember me, but I think it's strange that they don't put something in my file that says I have stayed at the hotel before, at least when it was only 2 weeks in between the stays.)

I have tried to figure out why I don't like this hotel as much I like other IC's and I haven't found one thing I really dislike, it's just the whole experience. Maybe I expect too much because of the price? (I have stayed at hotels I like much better for the same price, or even cheaper, while in London... but that was before I became a "point-slut"...:))

Xxx.

man on the move. likes this.
  5. jason8612
    Original Member

jason8612 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Well for reference I stayed at the hotel a few times and rates included
    priceline
    hotwire
    BOGO
    and friends and family

usually I booked classic and got everything from a executive room to a 1 bedroom suite.
    sometimes the lounge was included, other times it was not.
    I doubt it they will have you change rooms on your stay.

Skyvillager likes this.
  6. bartla

bartla Silver Member

Status Points:
  7. mowogo
    Original Member

mowogo Gold Member

Status Points:
    I stayed on a reward earlier this month, and got upgraded to an executive room, and got the free minibar, along with the gift of shortbread cookies. I'm currently writing up my review.

man on the move. and viguera like this.
  8. I am currently at the IC park lane. Used my RA weekend cert and am now on a three night points stay. The appropriate upgrade to a junior suite was given, no questions asked. Minibar privileges are as per policy and internet is free. All is good.

man on the move. likes this.