Rowdy Flights Crews on BA Lead to Flight Cuts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by DestinationDavid, Aug 24, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    LINK.

Sounds like this might actually attract some business if you let the right audience know.... lol

British Airways bosses fear having to scrap lucrative flights because of mounting complaints about raucous cabin crew parties at luxury hotels.
    Topless air hostesses and champagne-fuelled pool parties have prompted a flood of protests about wild behaviour.
    Now BA has warned its captains to control their crews during overnight stops – or the airline may be forced to abandon at least one route.
    The problem is particularly acute on routes crewed by young recruits – so-called ‘mixed fleet’ which was at the heart of the recent BA industrial dispute.

2. milchap
    Original Member

milchap Gold Member

Status Points:
    Anyone venturing a guess which route is mentioned as problematic?

3. N965VJ
    Original Member

N965VJ Silver Member

Status Points:
    Two pilots are talking down in the crew room:

"Hey Frank, you should've been on my trip last week, we had a really wild time."

"Really, what happened?"

"Well, we started out with some "pre-departure beverages" in my room, then went down to the bar and got seriously drunk until we got cut off by the bartender. So we were standing in the lobby trying to figure out where to go next, and someone says "Who wants to go skinny dipping in the pool?". The action got pretty hot and heavy, in fact I felt a little guilty the next day because, you know, I'm married."

"Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun!"

"Yeah, it was. Too bad the girls didn't join us, though."

:eek::D

4. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    The article says NBO, and also US routes like LAS and SAN.

Here's the original article: LINK.

5. Flyer1976
    Original Member

Flyer1976 Gold Member

Status Points:
    NBO... Hell there's nothing to do in NBO except get drunk...I'm not even surprised at NBO...LAS...or even SAN.

6. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Send any rowdy crews to DTW.

7. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wanna be on one of those routes!

milchap likes this.
  8. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    So, where are the pictures!!

9. RestlessLocationSyndrome
    Original Member

RestlessLocationSyndrome Silver Member

Status Points:
    What's interesting to me is that we don't hear more about this. There are plenty of airlines who have crews that fly into LAS which I would think bring out the "party animal" in almost any flight crew. I guess the difference would be that it wouldn't be any news for something raucous to happen in Vegas but if there was donkey involved...

10. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    When will people learn that any public bad behavior when in uniform reflects badly on their employer and thus can have consequences.

A few years ago I stayed at an independent hotel that was running a special visiting chefs dinner with a large number of kitchen staff from a Shangri-La hotel. They stayed in the hotel for several days and acted like it was their private frat house, being loud, rude, drunk, and obnoxious to regular hotel guests, including some border-line assaults in the hotel bar. Many guests complained, but the hotel wasn't willing to kick them out before the dinner. As a result, I refuse to stay in this hotel chain, even though it is a respected luxury brand.