Routing Question

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by zshanlon, Aug 12, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    Can someone tell me why this routing [IAH-SLC-RNO (dest)-SLC(stop)-DFW] is valid (i.e prices at 25k) but this one [IAH-SLC-RNO (dest)-SLC(stop)-MEM-ATL-RDU] is not (i.e. prices at 50k)?

Is it a MPM issue? I feel like those are structurally equivalent in that they are round trip itineraries with an stop over on the return. Of course I am using the online tool but I don't want to call Delta unless I know I am right...

Ive searched for each segment and they all have low level availability.

2. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    One problem is that you are only permitted two connections on a domestic award ticket. Your return from RNO has three connections (four flights): RNO-SLC-MEM-ATL-RDU.

David

zshanlon likes this.
  3. zshanlon

zshanlon Silver Member

Status Points:
    That makes sense. It was a matter of necessity bc I couldn't find a direct routing to RDU. Can you confirm that this routing would be valid if I could find MEM-RDU rather than MEM-ATL-RDU?

4. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    You can see how it prices if you terminate at ATL instead of RDU.

You might also be in trouble with the open jaw rules. The open jaw distance has to be shorter than the distance for both legs of the trip. That is, IAH-RDU has to be shorter than both of IAH-RNO and RNO-RDU.

Check out the article below:

http://hackmytrip.com/2013/01/delta-award-open-jaw/

David

zshanlon likes this.