Routing Question

Discussion in 'US Airways | Dividend Miles' started by triptastic, Apr 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. triptastic

triptastic Active Member

Status Points:
    Sorry if this has been asked before. I am wondering if it is possible to route from NA to Europe via Asia? I know that the reverse is possible. I realize that making Europe my destination I would have to pay higher points. My specific route in question would be YVR-PVG- NCE or something like that. Does anyone know if this routing is possible? I am not that sure around hubs and whatnot. Thanks!

2. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    Why would you want to do that? you can have a long stopover at either end of your trip. PVG should be your destination and NCE should be your stoppover.

3. triptastic

triptastic Active Member

Status Points:
    I was thinking by doing it in that order I could fly into NCE rather than the nearest hub city if I were only doing the stop over there. I thought that stops had to be hubs but destinations could be more out of the way, that is why I asked if this routing would be valid.

4. JetsettingEric
    Original Member

JetsettingEric Silver Member

Status Points:
    It doesn't hurt to call and check. Take a look at some of the routings on the blog onemileatatime, some pretty interesting routings using US miles.