Routehappy

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by KyRoamer, Apr 29, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Check out http://www.routehappy.com. It tells you what flights over your route are most comfortable. On twitter it is @routehappy. On my flight to ATH from JFK, a DL 763 flight with true lie flat seating got a score of 8.9 compared to a flat at an angle flight rated 7.9. An angled seat in an A330-300 coming out of FCO got an 8.1 as the seats are wider and more comfortable. It was a fun site. It could not do ATH-SDF on my flights unless I did each leg separately.

2. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi there KyRoamer, I'm John Walton, Routehappy's director of data.

We had a brief period where we needed to update flight schedules from 2:14-2:22pm this afternoon, so apologies that Routehappy didn't return the full set of results for your Athens-Louisville search during that time. Things are back to normal now, though, so please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

--John

Wandering Aramean likes this.
  3. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sill not there. You have the Alitaliato ATH to FCO connecting to Delta to ATL but not to DTW. My route is ATH-FCO-DTW-SDF. I did check on the FCO-DTW flight by itself so it is in the system.

4. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    That's pretty weird. I tried for Jun 27th, and Routehappy found Delta ATH-FCO-DTW-SDF with two options depending on how much time you want to spend in Detroit.

Were you by any chance searching in business and not first? That can sometimes throw up a GDS glitch with three-leg international multi-airline premium itineraries, because the US uses F for domestic first while most of the rest of the world calls that a C cabin.

Good news, though — we're working on a great new feature that will fix that forever. I'm pretty sure people are going to be excited about it :)

5. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes I was searching in business. The ATH-FCO is Eurobiz, the FCO-DTW is business and the DTW-SDF is coach as the plane has no first class. The later DTW-SDF may have FC.

Still, searching by segments is no big deal. Now when I can specify a seat and get a comfort rating ...

6. ThatJohn
    Original Member

ThatJohn Silver Member

Status Points:
    NIfty! We're currently thinking through a number of options for sensible, useful ways to improve premium cabin search for situations just like this. Glad you're finding Routehappy useful! :)

7. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    What domestic airlines can't or don't you cover? I noted that you don't cover either Southwest or Midway airport. I know that Southwest doesn't share with the major booking engines so I assume that leaves you out as well. Seatguru.com does have Southwest's seating information. It of course does not tie seating to specific flights like you do.