ROS Bangkok - cheap way from airport (sad for me good for you)

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by estnet, Apr 18, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    First - the link from the master thread for ROS goes to Le Meridien Chang Rai - so I didn't post there - if someone can fix it please do and put this in the master thread.

Decided to take to city line (airlink) to phaya thai and then take a taxi to ROS. Middle of the day, didn't think it would be a problem. Well about 10 taxi's refused to take me -even with address written in Thai, except for the 2 that wanted 3-4x the normal meter charge. I didn't remember, but thought one of the buses (36) went there, but due to jet lag and my inability to think straight I didn't take it. Ended up walking (in blazing heat and with suitcases) to Siam ( I nearly died of heat stroke before finding the blessed a/c inside which revived me - getting old sucks) where I knew I could take the sky train to Thaksin then get the shuttle boat to the hotel.

The 36 goes right around the corner from the ROS (and sometimes stops directly in front of it to let off passengers since it is the end of the line and many are heading for the ferry stops right there). So... if u want a cheap way from ap to ROS - take the city line to Phaya Thai, get off and go down on the side closest to the train (traffic going toward the river) - there is an elevator - but it was out of order! and there are lots of stairs to get from the station to the street. THEN wait for the #36 bus (orange and air conditioned), get on and get off at the last stop! You have arrived;)

uggboy likes this.
  2. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    What is a ROS? ;)

uggboy likes this.
  3. estnet
    Original Member

estnet Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ahh...sorry Royal Orchid Sheraton (Bangkok), the one on the river.

uggboy and sendaiben like this.
  4. hotelsallover

hotelsallover Silver Member

Status Points:
    Haha

uggboy likes this.