Rooms at 2 different properties and overlapping dates

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by TAHKUCT, Oct 26, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    We have a vacation planned at a Waldorf Astoria collection property for a week. However, I will need to interupt my stay there and fly to Europe for 2 days. My wife will continue the stay there and I would like to stay at a Hilton property in Europe.
    My questions are: Will I receive my Gold benefits at both properties and will receive points for both stays? Have somebody done anything like that?

2. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    1) You will receive your Elite status and benefits for the two stays there is no way two hotels are going to the trouble to "compare notesd"... in fact I have received gotten my status benefits for multiple rooms at the same property a number of times.

2) Only one stay will post and you will have to call in to HH and give an explanation as to what occured and they will post the other stay manually. It been reported that the CSRs might say " we are ding it one as as courtesy" but pay no attention to that.

3) If you have a HH Mutual account then you are entitled to two full stay/nights and point credits anyway.

4) I have seen it reported elsewhere ( guess where?:)) that if you call in and give an explanation before hand then the two stays will post automatically .. but considering the posters in question (and my personal experiences) I take that with a very minute grain of salt. Besides if for some reason a decision is made not to grant you the two stays why take the chance of having you record noted before hand.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    That is a plus :)

Thanks. Even once as a courtesy will help this time.

How can I have a mutual account? If it is easy, I can probably create one before our trip just to be safe.

I think I will stick with the original plan just to call after.

Thanks.

4. newbluesea
    Original Member

newbluesea Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sorry HH no longer allows new Mutual accounts to be created.
    Previously they allowed two married members (not sure if they allowed cohabiting only members with the same address) to merge accounts which allowed the two members to pool stays/points/nights toward status and both members acquired the full status of the "pool".

About 5 or years ago they stopped allowing new Mutual accounts but all existing such accounts were grandfathered into the system.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I am to late for this party :(