Room availability with RA?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by ecleppe, Sep 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just wondering.
    Does the below mean, you can call the reservation line to get a room in a hotel where no rooms are available on the website?

Royal Ambassador Status:

Dedicated Royal Ambassador reservation line
    Guaranteed Room Availablility. Contact us before 12pm (local hotel time) 24 hours prior to your intended arrival, and we guarantee a room will be available for you

Thanks
    Erik

marcwint55 likes this.
  2. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    Erik, you have read the terms and conditions very accurately, BUT do not expect to get the best rate...usually it is the highest rate, so you better book early enough !

sobore and marcwint55 like this.
  3. Rosalia is correct. The highest rate they can nail you for is what they charge and sometimes its preposterous.

sobore and marcwint55 like this.
  4. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    they will soak you on the room rate, but you still have a shot at being upgraded to a nice room.

sobore and Rosalia like this.
  5. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    I have used this about 7 times in three years. New Orleans ran me about 425 per night, Willard 450. Barclay 525. Sydney 320 ish, park lane 400 ish.

Definitely worth it for rooms when the city was full. Most of the business trips were with someone else from the company and a two room suite with a pull out bed. Not much different than 2 rooms....

My boss was impressed with a corner suite in London for that price, and never questioned my expenses or choice of hotels again!

sobore and viguera like this.
  6. viguera
    Original Member

viguera Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yeah that's the advantage... if there are no rooms and you must stay there, then it comes in handy.

I wouldn't pay rack rate any other way though :)

sobore likes this.
  7. ecleppe

ecleppe Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for all the responses... was thinking about staying in the IC @ Cannes during the film festival, but I kinda changed my mind after reading the reviews

8. Rosalia

Rosalia Silver Member

Status Points:
    First of all, the rate is "out of this world" and second, no club lounge & all suites being occupied at this period of the year!

9. man on the move.

man on the move. Silver Member

Status Points:
    When someone else pays, I am not very rate sensitive....

TheBeerHunter and viguera like this.