Rookie UA (Lounge) Question.

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by gamecock, Sep 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. gamecock

gamecock Silver Member

Status Points:
    It's a rookie question because the last time I flew UA was in 2004, and before that in 1989. I will be flying them next week from EWR-AUS RT.

So the question: I did a search, couldn't find an answer, can I use UA miles to "purchase" a Day Pass to a UA Lounge?

I'm thinking not, because I also searched the UA website and found no mention of such.

Thanks in advance!

8MiHi likes this.
  2. Wandering Aramean
    Original Member

Wandering Aramean Gold Member

Status Points:
    Nope. You can buy for $50 at the door or $45 using the iPhone/Android app. Not worth it IMO unless you're stuck there for hours and even then questionable. you can also try the lounge meet-up thread here or on FlyerTalk to see if someone with a membership can guest you in.

Nice win this afternoon over Mizzou.

8MiHi and gamecock like this.
  3. gamecock

gamecock Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks, that's what I thought. I'm not about to pay for a pass, but I have some orphan miles and thought that would be a good use for them.

I am happy with our win. I think Mizzou has a pretty fair team, so it's a good win.

8MiHi and Wandering Aramean like this.
  4. NYCUA1K

NYCUA1K Gold Member

Status Points:
    UA even "suspended" the ability to purchase a United Club membership using miles...so miles are out.

8MiHi likes this.
  5. 8MiHi

8MiHi Silver Member

Status Points:
    My company is willing to reimburse a pass if the time is spent working. I do know many companies in the Financial Services field that are willing to spring for membership for employees who need to travel often. Others actually have passes available in their Travel Departments. If this is your situation, it might be worth the question.

gamecock likes this.