rookie mistake with hotel points ends well

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by fyfedog, Apr 30, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. fyfedog

fyfedog Silver Member

Status Points:
    I am new to the miles/points community and thought I was being clever by booking my Hilton visits through priceline (to get 2X through UR) and I also registered for the double points promotion. Little did I know that when you book through 3rd party you don't earn ANYTHING for hotel points.

While at the hotel the front desk informed me that as a Gold member (through status match) I could get free breakfast OR 750 bonus points for a Hilton Garden. I opted for the bonus points hoping they would double. Anyway, come to find out that not even this perk was permitted under T&C...

This ends well because I tweeted to Hilton that I thought it was odd that the front desk misinformed me because I could have at least got a free breakfast...email this afternoon that they not only gave me the 750 bonus points, but also credited my account for ALL I would have earned by booking through the Hilton website. Bonus!