Roof Cargo Box as an option.....?

Discussion in 'Hertz | #1 Awards/#1 Club' started by Gaucho, May 27, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Given the (large) size of vehicles in the USA I realize that what Im asking about is sort of "strange", but... does anybody know if Hertz even offers roof-top cargo containers as optional equipment...?

Im hoping that I can rent a Thule or Yakima style "hardtop" container to expand the cargo capacity of an Infinity QX56 type vehicle.

I continue to lose sleep over my upcoming family trip to Florida with a total of 7 (seven) passengers and the concerns of not being able to fit all the suitcases after the repeated "attacks" on the various shopping malls....

If anybody has insight/experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Alex / Gaucho

Newscience likes this.
  2. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    You might want to look at an 11 or 15 passenger van rather than the Infinity if you have that many people and are expecting that much luggage or possibly even two vehicles.

Gaucho likes this.
  3. misman
    Original Member

misman Gold Member

Status Points:
    What about renting one separately from U-Haul or the like?

Gaucho likes this.
  4. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for taking time to respond..... you are right, I had forgotten about U-Haul. I guess this does add the drop-off factor since I would have to rentals to pick up and then drop off, I don't suppost UHaul is an option for Hertz, or...?

Thanks again.

5. Gaucho
    Original Member

Gaucho Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, Im seriously looking at the Ford Econoline Wagon for 12 pax.... certainly not a fun ride to allow for enjoyable driving but I suppose there is no match for this option when it comes to luggage space.....

Does anybody have first hand experience on how well equipped these vans come....?

6. Mapsmith
    Original Member

Mapsmith Gold Member

Status Points:
    Gaucho, you might even come out ahead by contacting one of the Limo Companies and see if they would have a vehicle (Not a limo, but more like a small bus like the shuttles at the airport), that they might rent. They may even have a decent price including driver?

7. icurhere2
    Original Member

icurhere2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Base - seats, seat belts, radio.