ROME - ST.PETER'S Crowne Plaza, Any recent stays?

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by PDX1KWanabe, Feb 27, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

PDX1KWanabe Active Member

Status Points:
    Has anyone stayed here recently? any info or suggestions would be much appreciated, I am staying here for three days in July...

2. amf09
    Original Member

amf09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    How do you define recent? I stayed there in Nov. 2009 and my wife and I enjoyed our stay. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. The shuttle is nice, though sometimes it can fill up quick.

3. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    Thanks amf, that seems to be the common story with the shuttle.

4. tom911
    Original Member

tom911 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Is this a shuttle to a Metro station? I'm just starting to look at hotels there for a late-April stay that may fall into place if I can find award seats on AA/UA and reasonable hotels. I do need to have something either near Via Veneto (looks pretty expensive there), or alternatively near a Metro station so I can get over there each morning to meet friends booked on a package deal.

5. amf09
    Original Member

amf09 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I don't recall if a metro station was near. IIRC it was near a light rail (not sure if that's considered the metro or not), though.

6. PDX1KWanabe
    Original Member

Status Points:
    I think I recall reading something that said the AM Shuttle went to the Vatican and the Afternoon shuttle went to Termini. Hotel site says "Complimentary Local Area Shuttle,Radius 6.0 K" and "use our complimentary shuttle bus to and from the city centre, 4km away. The Vatican's incomparable St Peter's Basilica and Michelangelo's dramatic Renaissance ceiling at the Sistine Chapel are both 3km away."

hope this helps!

7. wanderwoman
    Original Member

wanderwoman Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes, there is a problem with the shuttle, first come/first served and if it is full on the return you will have to take a taxi which was around $25. It was a $60 taxi from the airport to the hotel. The hotel was comfortable and the service was fine. You can walk to nearby restaurants as well. If you want a closer view of the area you can go to Google Earth and look at the street level and even take a virtual walk down the sidewalk. Hope you enjoy your trip.