Rome Dinner - New Year's Eve

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Dining' started by adexpert, Dec 22, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'm looking for ideas for restaurants on NYE in Rome for 2. Anyone have any ideas/experience here?

2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    I kind of like Da Franco ar Vicoletto, down by the university. Fish upon fish.

3. We just went to a small place called DA DANILO on a very quiet street in Esquilino district the other night. Sorry I can't place it closer than that but they do have a web site. The service was prompt, polite and the food very good. Anything I saw advertised for NYE wanted enormous amounts of Euros for a fancier tablecloth and menu. I would eat later and then join the mobs on Fori Imperali and the coliseum. We did that last year and enjoyed the music and fireworks at the coliseum. Whole families make an evening out of it and even bring their own champagne/sparkling wine and snacks with them.

uggboy likes this.
  4. adexpert
    Original Member

adexpert Silver Member

Status Points:
    To close the loop, we ended up getting a table at http://www.anticoarco.it. Long story short, the meal and service were superb.

The restaurant is located on a hill of sort above the city - I don't know the neighborhood but it was a short cab ride from the Via Veneto area. About 11.45, they paused service and gave each table a bottle of champagne and glasses and sent everyone out to watch the fireworks below (and the partying in the nearby park) and toast the new year.

Definitely recommended if anyone comes across this thread looking for a NYE option or just a good restaurant in Rome.