Rollover miles after Platinum

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by jomolungma, Apr 25, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    With my current travel plans, I'll be hitting PM status by end of June. Trouble is, I might not be able to keep that pace up and I'm not sure I'll make DM by the end of the year. Say I get to 124K miles. Will DL rollover 49K to 2013, or is there a limit on how many MQMs can roll over?

If it won't all roll over, I think my travel time might be better spent getting status on another airline so I have status flexibility in 2013. If they do rollover, I think I'll stay DL and take a 49K mile start toward DM in 2013.

Thanks for the help/info!

DeltaExpert likes this.
  2. DHalltheway

DHalltheway Active Member

Status Points:
    You should roll over 49K.

There is no limit how much you can roll over at this point in time

DeltaExpert likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, many of us have rolled over far more than 49K MQMs.

DeltaExpert likes this.
  4. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh, good to hear. I'll stick with DL then for the rest of the year and see if I can't make DM after all.

5. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just to make sure you understand, once you hit DM, you only rollover miles over 125k. ie: if you hit 129k miles, you will rollover 4k for the next year (providing the program doesn't change). Many people get burned by just making DM and then come back trying to figure out how to make PM the next year.

DeltaExpert and DiverDave like this.
  6. jomolungma

jomolungma Silver Member

Status Points:
    No, I'm clear on that. I shouldn't have any trouble getting to at least PM again next year. I only had 3K rollover this year and I'll hit PM by the end of June. That's both a good thing and an absolutely horrible thing, considering I never fly overseas - that's all domestic miles :-(

7. USAF_Pride
    Original Member

USAF_Pride Gold Member

Status Points:
    I'm slightly behind you, but I haven't done a transcon yet. I am getting tired of visiting the various sky clubs.