Rollover has happened

Discussion in 'Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles' started by MSPeconomist, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Sometime today my MQMs rolled over as expected.

DeltaExpert, rwoman and LarryInNYC like this.
  2. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not mine, yet.

rwoman likes this.
  3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    This is consistent with reports on FT. Some accounts have rolled over, but certainly not all.

rwoman likes this.
  4. Handleman20

Handleman20 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Now if they would only drop the price on a ticket from CMH->DTW to less than $475.

zshanlon likes this.
  5. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not yet...we will see tomorrow. :)

6. jrp2

jrp2 Gold Member

Status Points:
    No rollover for me yet either

7. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    FWIW, I am DM with a ten-digit account number starting with 100, 100XXXXXXX

DeltaExpert likes this.
  8. DiverDave
    Original Member

DiverDave Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ah, the joy of rollover..... :cool:

David

9. BamaGirl
    Original Member

BamaGirl Silver Member

Status Points:
    Got mine :).

10. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    Still waiting for my 24,999 MQMs to reappear.

11. DTWBOB

DTWBOB Silver Member

Status Points:
    Not mine either, unless I rolled over zero miles --- I don't think there's anyone who will fly enough the next few days that the roll over miles will make them one quantum level higher than they are now so does it really matter ?

<lol>

Bob H

12. rwoman
    Original Member

rwoman Gold Member

Status Points:
    Posted! :) I am a mere 4500 miles from GM...no problem! :)

13. mattsteg
    Original Member

mattsteg Gold Member

Status Points:
    I suppose an FO could theoretically have rolled over 24,999 miles and have flown roundtrip to say south africa or Australia up front. That would given them GM, when rollover is added.

Not exactly the likeliest scenario, I admit.

14. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Not too difficult to do. Fly M+ to SYD, SIN, or a number of other places in Asia from most USA locations to get about 25K MQMs.

DeltaExpert and rwoman like this.
  15. redtailshark

redtailshark Silver Member

Status Points:
    Jeff knows who I am. Mine says....

incl. Medallion® Qualification Miles (rolled over):​
    0​

Unlike most DL board readers... not that I care a bean about how many MQMs get rolled over.

I'm about to drop status to GM now. The first time in 12 years I've dropped status on any airline. Meantime CO have inexplicably promoted me to Pres Plat.

Muahaha!

16. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does CO know who you are?

USAF_Pride likes this.
  17. redtailshark

Status Points:
    If you mean, does CO mgmnt know my identity, yes.

At the 2007 CO DO, a number of us sat with Larry K and Scott OL. They knew about their misfiled MSP-LGW Y doozy and asked us how many of them we flew. Everyone at the table had flown it at least twice and almost all in BF
    after the easy UG.

During our convo it became clear that they:

a. have a sense of humor about being outflanked in this way, and
    b. they honor their own T&C even when notorious bandits like us pounce on the errors like honey badgers.

This kind of thing still goes on, but not on FT or MP.

Before he became a corporate dude, Scott was into the MR/Travel Hacking scene. Scott indicated he would be onboard for our 747 charter attempt over on the NW board. Larry Kellner responded personally to my occasional emails - more than Jeff R. has done although I have no doubt that he knows who I am as well.

On occasions I wear my CO DO "redtailshark" badge into the PCs just for the heck of it. On rare occasions, others who were there will greet me. This is all part of the sport.

Meanwhile, Jeff R. was a Borden-era MBA SkyMiles slash-n-burner. I don't believe this is totally incidental to program handling either.

But..... if you mean "Does this account for your pseudo-promo to PP by the mid´level OP account administrators," who probably don't know me, then I can't answer.

Edit: just checked DL.COM and my 930 MQM owed rollover (GM+) hasn't posted yet.

DL apologists or ideologues wrongly believe it is necessary to fictionalize to highlight SM weaknesses. But that's not necessary. The contrast between DL and UA service and product speaks volumes, and it happens so frequently, across so many domains, it could hardly be scripted more effectively.

Yes. You all know what it is. Jeff told you himself.

ryandc99 likes this.
  18. TravelerRob
    Original Member

TravelerRob Silver Member

Status Points:
    My 100K+ rollover are there!
    -RM

19. redtailshark

Status Points:
    My rollover still shows "zero" although it should be (all of) 930 MQM.

But then, I don't need to care about it.

DeaLing with DL is so much easier when one has zero expectation.

Meantime, here's what is really best in class. Last night I was on the LH plane from SOF to DUS, on the way to CPH on a one-way intra-EU award ticket. We launched late from SOF and my DUS-ZRH-CPH connection was already broken. I figured, OK, I'll deal with it at the Senator Lounge in DUS. I'd already identified the necessary SK flight to substitute from DUS to CPH. But about 30 mins prior to landing, the senior FA came to me and apologized for the delay, then informed me I'd been rebooked on the SK flight that I'd already identified. No problems. I even was able to use my ten minutes of connex time to eat the food at the Sen lounge instead of dealing with this ticket reissue. Both my checked bags were pulled and rerouted to CPH with me successfully. I reached CPH two hours ahead of my original schedule, fed, with all my bags, and no intervention on my part.

These sorts of things are daily events on carriers with real service. This is what used to happen under the old redtail system for PE.

I do confess I hadn't expected as much from LH but this was great.

Contrast this with the fandango you'd have encountered with DL. Before you tell me how great DM service is, just remember that I was flying on an award ticket. You know what that means....there's no onboard service recovery, but at the CDG you get on the phone to DL Medallion line: "Sorry sir, no inventory available except on AF at double mileage. Yes, sir, I know you did book this at LOW and not SKYSNORK levels but that inventory is no longer available. Tomorrow. Or ever.

I am not authorized to reissue this ticket for the AF service tonight without additional collection of (SM and $). That'll be 100k SM more because you have introduced a stopover on this route, therefore it prices as two separate HIGH level tickets, SOF-CDG and CDG to CPH.

I agree, it is really too bad you're stuck at CDG and we can't solve this before the final AF service departs today, oh yes, you'll be overnighting at CDG. Yes, at your expense sir, after all, we have offered you a 'solution' and you refused it. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you on another DL flight soon. Thank you for calling the *best in class* Medallion line."

Mwahahaha!

Oh, and let's not forget the gouging IOS that would have applied in the first case to this ticket if it had been issued via SM. Or the fact that a one-way award would be twice the mileage cost of the one-way on Star.

We are not talking about a marginal ~15% difference in quality of service. It's an order of magnitude and more. But the difference in product isn't what's so amazing.

DL's wizardry in encouraging intelligent people not just to tolerate their sub-par service, but to welcome it, to embrace the deceptions and bait and switch, and then even to make excuses to other intelligent people about it, wow, it's truly an astounding thing! :confused:

If they can sell SM like this, they are truly the snakeoil sales champions of the millenium.

20. redtailshark

Status Points:
    Ah....all 930 MQMs rolled over while I was in the air on LH/UA/FR/BD this week.

My loyalty will know no bounds.