Rockford International Airport granted federal approval to use new Boeing 747-8F

Discussion in 'ORD/MDW | Chicago Area Airports' started by sobore, Jan 24, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. sobore
    Original Member

sobore Gold Member

Status Points:
    http://www.rrstar.com/businessrockf...ted-federal-approval-to-use-new-Boeing-747-8F

Chicago Rockford International Airport (RFD) has been granted federal approval to host regular operations of the new Boeing 747-8 Freighter.

"We have shown in the past that we can land any aircraft operating in the world today, from regular freighters up to the Boeing Dreamlifter and Antonov An-124," Ken Ryan, RFD's director of cargo, said in a press release. "Now we look forward to welcoming the 747-8, the next generation of large, efficient cargo freighters. This approval shows that RFD is a top-tier cargo airport ready to serve the world."

http://www.rrstar.com/businessrockf...ted-federal-approval-to-use-new-Boeing-747-8F

uggboy and Sweet Willie like this.
  2. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rockford keeps trying to get things going from a consumer standpoint as well. For awhile UA flew Rockford-DEN with an RJ. Frontier has now picked up this route. Mostly charter/specialized flights to leisure destinations. Even though it is 1hr15mins away, I've considered it when making vacation plans as there is free parking. I'd urge anyone who lives nearby to sign up for RFD's email specials, sometimes some compelling deals. www.flyrfd.com

-

mrredskin, legalalien and uggboy like this.
  3. legalalien
    Original Member

legalalien Gold Member

Status Points:
    Closer than MDW, especially in rush hour!

Sweet Willie likes this.
  4. davef139

davef139 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Realize i think all flights are rj's :(