RocketMiles (and PointsHound) -- Can I earn points booking for other people?

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by LarryInNYC, Oct 23, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. LarryInNYC

LarryInNYC Gold Member

Status Points:
    Using my RocketMiles account, am I entitled to earn points if I book rooms for other people?

My immediate interest is a business trip on which three people will have overlapping but not identical stays. If I were make separate bookings for the three of us using my RocketMiles account, would I be entitled to all the points? I can't see any reason why not, but I've never booked with them and don't know whether at some point they match the hotel guest and frequent flier names. Also, this would mean earning points for three rooms on some of the same dates.

Separately, if I were to make booking for other people on trips that don't involve me, would I be eligible for points earning on those trips?

Same question for PointsHound (although the booking I'm interested in now would be via RocketMiles).

2. clscholes

clscholes Silver Member

Status Points:
    I can't speak for RocketMiles, but I know PointsHound is prepay, so I don't know that it would matter with them.

LarryInNYC likes this.
  3. mastuvu

mastuvu New Member

Status Points:
    I book travel for my company execs with rocket. Miles can be credited to any account regardless of the name on the reservation.

LarryInNYC likes this.