Ritz Rewards - stay credit question re Residence Inn properties

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by NYBanker, Sep 3, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    My frustration with the Ritz Rewards program continues to grow. Credit for five of my last six stays at Ritz or other Marriott-affiliated properties has posted incorrectly (too low) or not at all. Each time I contact Marriott's administration group, they have always corrected the difference promptly - and on my last stay, gave me an extra 50k points for the continued hassle.

My two evacu-cation stays (courtesy of Irene) from this past week (RC-White Plains, Residence Inn-West Orange) have also now posted incorrectly. The RC error is an easy one which I can address with Marriott (simply too few points), but I wonder if Residence Inn properties take a slightly different approach to points. I'm hoping someone here could help me with a few questions that I have.

At the Residence Inn, I reserved two rooms (both in my name, both with my rewards number) directly on the Residence Inn website for four nights, at a rate of $180 per night per room.

I looked at my rewards point account, and I see two entries from the property - in the description of each they reference the dates for the full four days' stay - but then awarding me only 3,600 points per stay. (I received 7,200 points total, but was expecting more than 14,400.)

My questions are:
    1. Does Residence Inn cap the points awarded to two nights per stay?
    2. Is the accrual rate for RI properties 10 points per dollar?
    3. While RC properties only give 10 points on room rate, other Marriott-flagged properties have given me 10 points for every dollar spent (including tax, meals, etc). What should I expect points to be calculated off of at a RI property?
    Appreciate your thoughts.

2. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Uh oh - no replies here.

FT got the answers pretty quickly, which I'll share here:

1-no
    2-it is 5 pts/$ at extended stay properties
    3-room rate only at extended stay properties

So, it looks like these posted correctly! That's one of the few times I've had stays post correctly in the Marriott scheme!

Now, I just need to correct the RC-white plains credit....