Ritz Carlton

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Programs' started by Steven Schwartz, Feb 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Just completed three stays at two different Ritz Carltons, 2 at Central Park and one in Palm Beach. The New York stays were on Marriott points and were made before the massive devaluation - what cost me 200,000 points for five nights would now go for 280,000! The Palm Beach was a reward from a vendor. Needless to say, each experience was, to use only one word, impeccable. That said, I can't see spending 70,000 points per night.

I know I can buy Ritz stay certificates and sometimes save enough to make it worthwhile but do any of you sages have any other ideas about how to stay at a Ritz for the lowest amount possible? Any codes out there that might work?

Appreciate any and all insights. Thanks.

Raffles likes this.
  2. Raffles
    Original Member

Raffles Silver Member

Status Points:
    Have a look at the Luxury Hotels forum (also the FT one). Some independent travel agents have access to STARS rates, which - whilst not necessarily cheaper - do offer substantial extra benefits. This is the R-C equivalent of Four Seasons Preferred Partner, which is a dream to use and usually gets you free breakfast, upgrade and a lunch or spa voucher whilst also letting you take advantage of any publicly available promo such as 3-for-2.

3. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - but...
    Already have Centurion benefits and no matter what, the Ritz Central Park is still $1000/night - no way I can do that! Actually, astounding when we were there to realize how many people CAN afford it!