Ritz-Carlton Rewards $100 or $250 gift card after 5 or 10 nights. March 15-June 30, 2011.

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by RicGarrido, Mar 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. RicGarrido
    Original Member

RicGarrido Silver Member

Status Points:
    Ritz-Carlton Rewards actually has a real loyalty promotion happening from March 15 through June 30, 2011 for a $100 Ritz-Carlton gift card after 5 nights at any Ritz-Carlton Hotel worldwide or earn a $250 Ritz-Carlton gift card after 10 nights. Nights do not need to be consecutive nights in a single stay.

No promotion registration required, but must be a Ritz-Carlton Rewards member.

RC Singapore Millenia and RC Phulay Bay in Krabi, Thailand are not participating hotels for this offer.

Gift card will be mailed 4 to 6 weeks after promotion ends.

Ritz-Carlton Rewards promotion link.

2. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yeah I got the email too. Luckily already booked 28 nights between now and then.

3. sgkis
    Original Member

sgkis Silver Member

Status Points:
    I wonder how they decided on the RC in SG and Krabi to be non-participating hotels.

4. techguru
    Original Member

techguru Silver Member

Status Points:
    Yes interesting -- wonder if these properties are special in some way or their management just opted out?

5. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    Ownership has some ability to opt out of some subsidy programs. I recall the SIN property is owned by a wealthy family in the Gulf and I've seen this property excluded from a few promos over time.

Recall the 4 RC properties that re-flagged in the late 90s in the US (old CPS, Aspen and Houston) were also owned by gulf investors. RC doesn't always get on perfectly with ownership.

I have wondered if there is any relationship between the ownership of the 4 in the states and the millennia property.

6. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Does anyone truly think that this promotion would encourage anyone to move stays to the Ritz Carlton? I mean, it's a nice thing to do and a decent perk, but I can't imagine it changing anyone's vacation plans!

RichardInSF likes this.
  7. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    The incremental bookings probably aren't tremendous...but are greater than zero. I know if I were one night short of a threshold, it might influence my decision.

More broadly, the Ritz Rewards program HAS changed my behavior. Whereas previously I defaulted to an SPG property in most cities, I have directed probably 5 incremental nights to ritz since the program began last year. For some reason, they credited my account with two free night certificates...which I'm using, and booking 6 paid nights along side of on a holiday i wasn't otherwise planning to take. Win win ... At least until i get my Amex bill.

tommy777 likes this.
  8. Steven Schwartz
    Original Member

Steven Schwartz Gold Member

Status Points:
    Obviously everyone on this board knows all there is to know about points. But one of our dental suppliers has their own proprietary points (double dip for me when I pay with credit card!). And every other year, I end up with four Club Level reward nights at a Ritz. Can't use it in NYC but have used it three times at the Ritz in Palm Beach. I just plain love it! I'm finding it easier and easier to get spoiled as I get older!

9. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    My gift certificate posted to my Ritz Rewards account earlier this week. :)

10. RichardInSF
    Original Member

RichardInSF Silver Member

Status Points:
    Indeed, I seem to be on a RC email list and so far none of the promotions they have sent me have been the least bit enticing. A $50 credit on a three/four night stay just doesn't do it, for example.