Ritz Carlton Kyoto's webpage is up

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by Alfred Colognhe, Dec 1, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Call me dumb, but... I couldn't find where or how to book a room from the site.:oops:

2. you can't book yet

cc1972 likes this.
  3. cc1972

cc1972 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I feel better ... I'm not that dumb after all! :D

4. You can book now but warning prices are steep its 600 dollars a night for that price wouldn't you be better going to a world class city????

5. Has anyone been to this hotel or is thinking of going to this hotel?

6. aaronJC

aaronJC Active Member

Status Points:
    I'll be going this weekend. I'll try to get some good pics and post them.

gregm and uggboy like this.
  7. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    I look forward to your report.

gregm likes this.
  8. aaronJC

aaronJC Active Member

Status Points:
    -- I have to break this post up because apparently I can't post more than 5 images. --

The Ritz Carlton Kyoto opened Friday 7th of February. We headed down to Kyoto last Saturday the 15th and stopped by for afternoon tea. I called earlier in the week and was advised that it was best to make a reservation, and i fact we saw people turned away while we were there.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The photos above are outside the entranceway. It was raining that day so the pics are a bit gloomy. All the staff spoke very good English and of course were very friendly and accommodating. Once you get inside there is a small aclove with a couple of staff members behind a desk- not the front desk. More of a bell-desk. there are a couple of places to sit and a big wooden sliding door at the end of a passageway that leads to the main lobby.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Through the doors in the picture above you can see part of the Lobby Lounge. Just inside the door to the right is a large, beautiful bonsai tree, which is probably hundreds of years old and worth millions of yen. The picture on the right above is taken from behind that bonsai, looking towards the Lobby Lounge during afternoon tea time.

[​IMG]

9. aaronJC

aaronJC Active Member

Status Points:
    --Continued from the previous post above. Afternoon tea at the Ritz carlton Kyoto. --

A box of nine different teas was presented, all of which we took a sniff of, (I suppose we were supposed to do that, oops if not :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I got so excited when this came that I forgot to take a photo before we ate the scones on the top layer. There was some nice really thick cream too, which is unusual to find in Japan.

[​IMG]

This photo below of people having afternoon tea at The Lobby Lounge was taken from near the front desk check in area.

[​IMG]

The full set can be seen here. http://www.flickr.com/photos/thaihotels/sets/72157641265135553/ I might add more to it later. Unfortunately we didn't stay here this time, as it was 80,000 Yen (USD782) per night. We instead stayed over at our Kyoto staple, The Hyatt Regency. We always eat the Trattoria Sette, the Italian restaurant at the Hyatt, but the Ritz Carlton also has an Italian restaurant which I will be sure to check out next time we are in town, probably in the spring.

uggboy likes this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks for sharing. All looks great here and I'm sure it tasted great too. :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  11. I am wondering how was it is it worth going and will it join @http://www.virtuoso.com

12. If anyone is staying in the hotel please message me it looks amazing

13. flynow

flynow Silver Member

Status Points:
    Looks like a really beautiful place and hopefully service or go along with!!

14. aaronJC

aaronJC Active Member

Status Points:
    The service was impeccable. Although one guy at the lobby lounge was a little smarmy...

uggboy likes this.