Ritz-Carlton Credit Card help

Discussion in 'Other Credit Card Programs' started by PSG, Oct 22, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. PSG

PSG Active Member

Status Points:
    A few days ago I converted my Marriott rewards account to a Ritz account (could not get one of each).
    I am interested in getting the Ritz credit card for the 70K bonus and no fee the first year. The problem is that I already have the Marriott credit card (since September) and the terms of the offer reads: Previous and existing The Ritz-Carlton Rewards or Marriott Rewards® Credit Card cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
    Is this really enforced? Should I wait a few months, cancel my Marriott card and later apply for the Ritz? I ideally I would like to have both…

Does anyone have any experience with this?

travelpye likes this.
  2. lawfulhealthnut

lawfulhealthnut Member

Status Points:
    Unfortunately this is true. Ritz wants Marriott users, but not Marriott churners, as many like to say.

They have kept both program separate in some ways for this reason as well. Marriott Rewards members cannot sign up for Ritz Rewards promos, while Ritz Rewards members can sign up for Ritz Rewards AND Marriott Rewards.

3. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you have to call a CSR to get your account switched over to Ritz, or is there a web form / email option to do this? I've been meaning to move mine over, but haven't yet gotten around to calling... Thanks

theBOAT

4. PSG

PSG Active Member

Status Points:
    I just enrolled in the ritz program online: https://rewards.ritzcarlton.com/rit...Id=elite.nonrewards&enrollmentSourceCode=RUHP
    There you have the option to transfer your Marriott account to a Ritz one.

travelpye and theBOAT like this.
  5. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    travelpye likes this.