Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common

Discussion in 'Marriott | Rewards' started by MyTravels, Mar 7, 2013.  |  Print Topic

1. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    Quick Review: Ritz-Carlton, Boston Common

Checkin: We arrived early and the front desk staff seemed a bit miffed we were ready to checkin. I offered to check out luggage and come back later but he assured me he would find me a room and did

Status/Upgrade: Recognized status and upgraded to an inside (interior facing) suite. The room was not on the Club floor and I did not ask.

Location: On Avery Street just east of Boston Common. Near the Boylston and Chinatown T metro stops.

Parking: Did not check.

Hotel/Building: The hotel is relatively new (2001) and has a mix of hotel rooms and residences.

Amenities: Bar/Restaurant in the mini area just past checkin.

Room: Well kept modern room. The bathroom was very spacious with a separate shower and bathtub, two sets of sinks. The bed was very soft, like sleeping on a cloud.

Body Care: Ritz Carlton Branded - Bath Soap Bar, Hand Soap Bar, Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Lotion, Bath Salts, Mouth Wash, Q-tips, Facial Pads, Kleenex, Bath Robes, Slippers, Shoe Sponge, Shoe Horn, Sowing Kit, Weight Scale, Water

Hotel Staff: Staff was well dressed and polite. The front desk was generally busy as there were both professional basketball players and wedding party activities during our stay. The doorman were not very busy yet they seemed more interested in talking to each other and may have opened the door for us once.

Breakfast/Dining/Lounge/Club: Did not eat on-site

Summary: Nice hotel. I'm not sure exactly what it was, it may have been the halo effect of the energy from the other higher-profile guests or maybe it was the enormous bathroom or maybe a combination of things but the stay felt luxurious even though I can't pinpoint a "Wow" moment.

marcwint55 likes this.