Ritz-Carlton, Aruba to Open in 2014

Discussion in 'Luxury Hotels' started by uggboy, Jun 12, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    || Ritz-Carlton, Aruba to Open in 2014 ||

It is described as the first " true luxury hotel " on the island!;)

Because:

About Again, marcwint55 and TRAVELSIG like this.
  2. TRAVELSIG
    Original Member

TRAVELSIG Gold Member

Status Points:
    Uggboy- have you been to Aruba? While it is nice to visit- there are definitely not any luxury hotels at the moment so this will be welcome if done well.

marcwint55 and uggboy like this.
  3. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    No, I have never been to Aruba, but would love to visit one day. Thanks for the insights and yes, according to press releases and other reports, the new Ritz-Carlton property will be the first ever " true " luxury hotel on the island.

marcwint55 likes this.
  4. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    The Marriott and Hyatt in Aruba are both nice hotels but nothing like a Ritz Carlton. Hope they have a big beach. One of the problems with Aruba is during prime weeks beach space can be tough to get.

5. heatherj

heatherj Member

Status Points:
    From what I understand, the Ritz is located right next to the Marriott at the very end of Palm Beach. I cannot wait for the Ritz to open as Aruba is one of my very favorite places. Until then, the Marriott is a very nice property, as well as the Hyatt. The Westin, imo, is pretty run down.

uggboy likes this.
  6. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    Hopefully they will not go overboard as they have in Grand Cayman. Seven mile beach used to be a beautiful place where buildings were limited to three stories and the locals still felt like they were at home. Once the Regulations were changed for places such as the Ritz, it changed the entire island. While it may bring some extra luxury to a few travelers, life for the locals has changed dramatically and many of them are not happy with the changes. We all need to be cognizant and repectful of the local peoples wherever we have the good fortune to visit. We can always leave if we don't like something that has changed, but the locals often don't have that option.

uggboy likes this.
  7. marcwint55

marcwint55 Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you don't mind the drive down to baby beach, I have never found it to be as crowded as the beaches in town.

uggboy and emajy like this.
  8. emajy
    Original Member

emajy Silver Member

Status Points:
    Baby Beach is very nice. I like snorkeling there. Eagle Beach is much less crowded around the Divi.

9. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Firm opening is set for Nov 22, 2013. This is directly from Director of Sales for RC Aruba and Grand Cayman.

I'm currently booked at the Hyatt for early January; likely switching to the RC. This will be my first trip to Aruba.

uggboy likes this.
  10. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Enjoy and report back when you switch to the Ritz-Carlton. I presume many would be interested in a MP review about this new RC property. Thanks dmel.

dmel likes this.
  11. AttorneyVin

AttorneyVin Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you stay there yet? Would be curious on a review, as well as a comparison to the Hyatt.

uggboy likes this.
  12. uggboy
    Original Member

uggboy Gold Member

Status Points:
    Same here, would love to hear about his property firsthand, I'm sure many on MP would want to read a comparison between the new RC and the Hyatt.

About Again and AttorneyVin like this.
  13. dmel

dmel Gold Member

Status Points:
    Yes, we stayed in January, and had high aspirations to write a detailed TR. Of course, life got in the way, and not only didn't I write it, but I've spent significantly less time on MP.

Overall, I liked the property very much. I'd be happy to answer specific questions, but I doubt I'll have any time soon to work on a TR that's going to be almost one year old. :( Sorry.

uggboy and AttorneyVin like this.