Ritz Carlton 70k points/$2000 spend?

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by samfelix, Aug 11, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. samfelix

samfelix Active Member

Status Points:
    Received targeted offer of 70,000 RC(or Marriott, obviously) points with only $2k spend over 3 months. Fee is not waived first year, $395.

2. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
  3. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
  4. NYBanker
    Original Member

NYBanker Gold Member

Status Points:
    I had no problem getting the card under this promo. Fee was waived.

If I were applying, I'd apply using this link. I strongly believe if it is up, they'll honor it. Keep screenshots.

My 70k points, gold status and club upgrade coupons posted within a few weeks of my $9 purchase with the card. :)

5. cotter77
    Original Member

cotter77 Silver Member

Status Points:
    big question....how can the 70,000 RC points be combined with your marriott points? is there a way?

6. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    The landing page is up, but Chase promptly took the application page down ("Offer Unavailable") promptly after the expriation date.

As this was supposed to be targeted to Ritz-Carlton Residences® Owners I wouldn't expect it to be repeated, at least not open enrollment. (Similarly AXP once did a FYF for the AXP Platinum card that was not to be repeated).

Landing page details:

7. MyTravels
    Original Member

MyTravels Silver Member

Status Points:
    They are the same points, just a different label. If you have Marriott account and apply for the Ritz card the points will go to the Marriott Rewards account (and vice versa). If you have one account with each then you can have them combined.

8. samfelix

samfelix Active Member

Status Points:
    My offer was a mailing(glossy brochures etc...) but did not indicate any sort of RC Residences requirement(no way I could pull that off:).
    I called and inquired about low spend bogey($2k/3 months).
    Fee was $395 not waived.
    Rep said that since I recently received and activated Marriott Rewards just last week that I would likely NOT be granted another bonus of 70k points right after 50k Marriott bonus.
    Oh well, Hyatt card up to bat.