RIP Lufthansa’s Old First Class

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 28, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    Lufthansa's first class product will always have a special place in my heart. Not just because I'm a German American, and not just because I've probably flown it more than any other first class product. But also because it sort of represents what got me into this hobby. My family and I were traveling back and forth between the US and Germany every summer to visit family, and we would just book paid tickets on Condor between Tampa and Frankfurt. The start of mileage running for me was trying to figure out if there was a more economical way to earn miles so that we could instead fly to Germany in first class. And that's how the hobby sort of started for me. With that in mind, we've seen a huge transformation in Lufthansa first class over the years. Back when I was way younger, Lufthansa first class was possibly the easiest first class product in the world to book with miles. The 747 had 16 first class seats, and it wasn't unusual for at least half of them to be available for award tickets. The post RIP Lufthansa’s Old First Class appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...