Rio de Janeiro- Food & Lodging

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jbcarioca, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Rio has everything from wildly expensive uber-chic places like Gero, Satyricon and Hotel Fasano to the ubiquitous comida-a-quilo(food by weight) places some of which are fairly chic themselves.

In cities like Petropolis, Angara dos Reis, Paraty and many others there are lots of choices, many of which are mostly known to only Brazilians.

Ask and some of our resident Brazilians and vistors will try to help.

2. KyRoamer
    Original Member

KyRoamer Gold Member

Status Points:
    We just got back from the Intercontinental Rio. Delightful hotel, excellent beach. Neighborhood is safer than Copacabana. hotel has a shuttle service to nearby shopping as well as to downtown area. Rate for an upgraded room with breakfast was $210. friends without the upgrade or breakfast paid $180. If you want the full buffet breakfast, the $210 is the best deal.

We had friends who stayed at the Copacabana Palace. Expensive. They loved it. During the day the area is safe. At night, you take taxis.

jbcarioca likes this.
  3. jbcarioca
    Original Member

jbcarioca Gold Member

Status Points:
    Somebody is feeding you a line about lack of safety at night in Copacabana. My mother-in-law lives there so we are there at all hours, she lives three blocks in from the beach. While there are problems everywhere sometimes in large cities I do not ever feel unsafe in Copacabana. I park my car on the street. zero problems.