Rimowa Salsa Deluxe Cabin Multiwheel

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Travel' started by nmt12, Oct 2, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. nmt12

nmt12 Member

Status Points:
    Hi Everyone! New Poster here.

I was wondering if anyone uses this case? This particular case measures 22.2 x 17.5 x 10.

If so, please provide your reviews?

Also, has anyone ever had any problems using this carry on? Will it fit in the overhead bins? I know it is a little over some airline's carry on limit. But it's so much bigger than the other 22" and offered at the same price.

2. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I have it and it fits fine, even I'm the small old UA Airbus 320 overheads. It won't fit in wheels first in the first row of the 737, but fits fine behind row 1.

I've had it for a year and a half, phenomenal carry on, very spacious

I assume you're referring to this one? http://www.bergmanluggage.com/risade22catr.html

3. nmt12

nmt12 Member

Status Points:

Yes sir, that's the one. And I agree with your reviews it is a very spacious and very cool little carry on. If you don't mind, may I ask if you travel domestically or internationally? Have you taken it on any other airline besides UA? Has anyone ever stopped you and questioned the size of it?

4. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    I travel both internationally and domestically, top tier status with 4 airlines, including UA and AA, so I fly AS and US in addition to UA and AA domestically. Since I got the case, I've been on SQ, NH, CX, TG, LH, LX, SK, BA, KL, BD and many more internationally and I've never gotten any reactions on the size. You will get some evil stiff eyes, but the suitcase fits like a glove on any aircraft, except RJs. My plan is to show whoever complains that it does, but it hasn't happened this far. I wouldn't haul it on board Ryanair, but that goes without saying ;)

Absolutely love it. Best money I've ever spent. I bought it from luggageonline.com, they don't charge you taxes in most states, also there is usually some discount codes out there if you google it. I used a get 100 dollars off when you spend 500 USD or more, ended up costing me 459 USD total

travelinmike33 and NYCAdventurer like this.
  5. nmt12

nmt12 Member

Status Points:
    OMGosh! I am sooo happy to hear that, I was a little worried. I just got mine maybe a day ago and when I read other reviews where people were concerned about the size. However, they had never actually tried carrying them on. I am assuming they just got scared and said forget it.

I purchased mine from luggagefactory.com and got 20% off because bergmanluggage.com offered a 15% discount and luggage factory states that if any of their competitors prices are cheaper they will honor their competitors discount but also beat it by 5%. I got the multiwheel trolley and the Bolero Large business case. I was happy as a clam.

BTW Tommy.....Thanks so much for making me feel at ease. I know this set is going to make a big difference in how I travel.

6. tommy777
    Original Member

tommy777 Co-founder

Status Points:
    My pleasure. Welcome to milepoint and thanks for being a part of the community!

I bought the Lufthansa version of the Limbo business trolley a little more than a year ago. Love it, great for a quick over night
    [​IMG]

I also have the 20 two wheel Salsa Deluxe, which is my favorite weekend bag. It fits in both the ERJ and CRJ overhead!!

7. nmt12

nmt12 Member

Status Points:

Thanks! Happy to be here.

Now that's a beautiful case! And it still looks brand new.