Right, to business

Discussion in 'ANA | Mileage Club' started by sendaiben, Feb 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I am trying to get Platinum status this year so I can get into the SFC. I'm based in Sendai, Japan, and would love to hear about any good MRs or deals on ANA or other Star Alliance.

2. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    This has been widely talked about on flyertalk and the first bit of information most of us what to know is, do you care where you fly as I think HND > OKA is the cheapest way to get it but same flight over and over again. Where are you flying this year already?

3. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    I guess I not, but Haneda is a bit of a pain to get to from Sendai...

Sendai Osaka or Chubu is much more accommodating. I guess I have loads of time to pick flights up in the meantime.

At the moment I have 750 PPs, and I'll have 2,000 or so by next weekend. Have a trip to the UK in the summer scheduled, as well as one to Turkey and possibly one to Canada. Probably three or four domestic return flights as well.

I'll see how I am looking in September or so, unless some unbelievable low fares come up in the meantime...

Sendai-Narita-somewhere would also be nice because of the connecting flight...

4. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Okay so in total you will get around 30k PP from your proposed flying?

I am about to embark on my SFC run this weekend where I fly CTS>NGO>ICN>SIN>CDG>SIN>ICN>SIN>ZHR>BUD>ZHR>SIN>ICN>SIN>MEL>SIN>ICN>NRT>CTS

Most of that flying will be back to back and it is nicknamed by the creator as the "Death SFC MR"

The idea is you ticket from a country which the yen (in our case) is strong against and at the moment that is Won (Seoul currency). In your case as you are already flying to other countries it might be worth looking and flying from those countries to other surrounding countries and ticketing from there. I am lucky I had someone helpful and able to assist me plan this.

It might be worth hanging out to see what happens between AA and ANA as that might change what routes are best depending on the changes.

Schoflyer, KIXman and sendaiben like this.
  5. sendaiben
    Original Member

sendaiben Gold Member

Status Points:
    You're insane.

(that is so cool)

6. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Totally nuts. I might die on the adventure.

7. KIXman
    Original Member

KIXman Gold Member

Status Points:
    You'll gonna have one heck of a TR to write!!! :D

8. Simon
    Original Member

Simon Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Yeah I have not brought a camera to not keep any evidence of this trip (all my cameras were actually broken) which kind of sucks but I am learning a lot.

With regards to sendaiben whatever you do, do not goto Paris on Valentines Day alone as it is so depressing PLUS don't even think about going to the Eiffel Tower as you will just end up getting all emotional with all the proposals going on around you and how lonely you feel.

Also taking sleeping pills is a life saver for the Y flyer so get onto that. Shouldn't be a problem to get them in Japan too.