Ricky Gervais to Return as Golden Globes Host

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sweet Willie, Nov 17, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. Sweet Willie
    Original Member

Sweet Willie Gold Member

Status Points:
    He had me rolling with laughter when I saw some of his clips.

Seeing as he is returning as host, I actually intend to watch the entire awards show, something I would never consider doing previously.

a Gervais quote from last year's show:
    "It was a big year for 3D movies. Toy Story, Despicable Me, Tron," Gervais said. "It seemed like everything this year was three-dimensional. Except the characters in The Tourist. I already feel bad about that joke."

"I tell you what, I'm jumping on the bandwagon, because I haven't even seen The Tourist. Who has?"

"But it must be good because it's nominated, so shut up, OK? And I'd like to crush this ridiculous rumor that the only reason The Tourist was nominated was so that the foreign press of could hang out with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. That was not the only reason; they also accepted bribes."

another:
    "There were a lot of big films that didn't get nominated this year, nothing for Sex and the City 2. No, I was sure the Golden Globe for special effects would go to the team that airbrushed that poster. Girls, we know how old you are. I saw one of you in an episode of Bonanza."

OY-JFS likes this.