Rewards transfers

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by cmydock2424, Mar 6, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. cmydock2424

cmydock2424 New Member

Is there a way to get IHG to absorb or credit my existing rewards from switching (changing my allegiance) from Hilton Honors to IHG exclusively?
  2. gconnery

gconnery Silver Member

Not sure what you are asking. You have some IHG Rewards Club Points and you would like to transfer them to Hilton HHonors points? Is there a way to do that?

I believe the answer is a qualified no. Neither IHG nor Hilton are going to offer you options to do this. They want to lock you into their points/hotels. There ARE ways to get around this, for example you can look up ways to convert between the two by going to:

And if you put in there that you have 50,000 IHG points you'll find that you can get 10,000 HHonors points (ugh!) by doing a complex series of transfers thru American Airlines AAdvantage miles to Diners club etc. So you're getting only 1/5th of the number of points when all is said and done. And that's assuming the two currencies are equal.

You can also look at for options. But I doubt you'll find anything you like there. Generally transfers like this cost too much to be worthwhile. Good luck though.
  3. satman40

satman40 Gold Member

Lot of swapping going on at the coupon connection..