Rewards For Purchasing Gift Cards

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by muhmuhmuhmark, Dec 4, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. muhmuhmuhmark

muhmuhmuhmark Active Member

Status Points:
    I was wondering what stores offer rewards for purchasing gift cards to retail stores (such as amazon, walmart, target etc). I know there are several grocery chains that sell gift cards and for every $50 you spend you gain fuel perks. I am kinda maxed out on my fuel perks and am looking for other incentives for buying gift cards rather than just fuel savings. I am not looking for gift card resale sites like gift card granny either. Looking for a gift card retailer that carries a large inventory of gift cards to a wide variety of retailers.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DeltaExpert and alohastephen like this.
  2. Scottrick
    Original Member

Scottrick Gold Member

Status Points:
    I think Safeway is offerring $10 off a future grocery purchase if you buy $100 worth of cards, but it may be a limited time offer.

DeltaExpert and alohastephen like this.
  3. sun
    Original Member

sun Silver Member

Status Points:
    There are probably plenty of offers which expire at the end of this month. They will usually be advertised in the weekly ads.

alohastephen likes this.
  4. alohastephen

alohastephen Gold Member

Status Points:
    The safeway deal is 11/24-12/6.:)

$10 off your next shopping trip when you purchase $100 in gift cards.

See the 2nd roll-over deal here:
    http://www.safeway.com/ifl/grocery/Gift-Cards

5. muhmuhmuhmark

muhmuhmuhmark Active Member

Status Points:
    I guess I am looking for a deal/promotion that is more constant. The safeway promo is good but will only last a short period of time. I am looking for something that is always available.

6. jaw_24
    Original Member

jaw_24 Silver Member

Status Points:
    A smaller but simple way to do this is if you have the Freedom card - figure out which stores that sell gift cards are offering 5% cash back for the given quarter. Most of the time, one of the categories fits this description. Probably only an extra 3% over another card, but everything helps.

FYI, right now, Kohl's is 10% cash back and they sell gift cards.