RewardOne will be discontinued

Discussion in 'United Airlines | MileagePlus' started by TAHKUCT, Dec 9, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    Received this email today.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Important Message from RewardOne®

RewardOne Account: XXXXX

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

As a valuable RewardOne customer, you are among the first to know that we are harmonizing two great airline corporate programs, RewardOne at Continental and PerksPlus® at United,into one: the new United business loyalty program, which we plan to launch during late first quarter 2012.

While we are finalizing the new program, one very important detail remains - your RewardOne points. Rest assured that your RewardOne reward points will be secure and available to you, under the current RewardOne terms and conditions, until we transition to the new program, at which time the RewardOne program will be formally discontinued. Until such time, your RewardOne points will remain available for redemption as usual; you will continue to earn and redeem points on Continental Airlines flights and you can continue to access your account information online at http://rewardone.continental.com. Upon the discontinuation of the current RewardOne program, your existing RewardOne points will be transferred to the new program accordingly, at a conversion rate that may be less than one-to-one.

Enrollment in the new program will begin during the first quarter of 2012. Future communications will announce the enrollment period, outline the new program and include the terms and conditions applicable to the transition of any RewardOne reward points balance you may have, discuss the value proposition, and provide you with detailed conversion and redemption charts.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You are receiving this email because you selected to be notified with special offers and news from Continental Airlines and United Airlines or have an existing business relationship with the airlines. If you wish to no longer receive updates of this kind, please unsubscribe using the link below. Please do not respond directly to this email, as the mailbox is not monitored.

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Sad because folks will have to re-join the combined program, and PerksPlus has been more restrictive from a joining perspective that may remain the case in the new program. Would have liked to see them just folks RewardOne memberships into the PerksPlus program.

3. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    My dilemma is: Should I redeem my points or wait and see what new program has to offer?

4. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Text of the email seemed pretty ominous to me..

rggale likes this.
  5. TAHKUCT
    Original Member

TAHKUCT Gold Member

Status Points:
    I have the same feeling :(

6. rggale
    Original Member

rggale Gold Member

Status Points:
    I just redeemed 4 BF vouchers and two FC domestic vouchers just in case...I agree the letter was quite ominous and I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Now, the only challenge will be to find space available in the low fare classes.

TAHKUCT likes this.
  7. jupper
    Original Member

jupper Silver Member

Status Points:
    The CO Reward One page now mentions:
    Sounds like it's not just enrolling into PerksPlus per se...