Reward scheme stopover

Discussion in 'General Discussion | Miles/Points' started by Flying Bat, Jun 9, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Where considering one way NYC to Lon, 10 days stop, then Lon to ABV or LOS, I wonder which reward scheme might permit a stopover as an efficient use of points? If possible I would prefer to avoid 2 one way awards due to the higher number of points cost.

I am happy to consider any scheme

Newscience likes this.
  2. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    Alaska Airlines would allow this on a one-way redemption using Air France or KLM (as well as BA, but you wuld be charged significant fuel surcharges on top of the award for a BA redemption). They are, however, not a transfer partner with anyone other than Starwood. Their US credit card with Bank of America is churnable (which probably doesn't help you in the UK unless you can get access to a US address and apply for the card). They are partners with BA, AF and KL in Europe, though the partnership does not give any benefits like lounge access, just the ability to earn or burn miles on all 3 airlines.

Newscience likes this.
  3. Flying Bat

Flying Bat Silver Member

Status Points:
    Good suggestion ec. Yes I am familiar with Aslaskan, and sadly no dates offered for a premium cabin out of DEN on my dates.
    So it looks like I may have to suck it up with 2 one ways grrrrrr

4. eponymous_coward
    Original Member

eponymous_coward Gold Member

Status Points:
    I thought you wanted a one way NYC-LON-LOS redemption? :confused:

What airline are you booking one ways on? You do not need to fly Alaska (no n) to redeem on Alaska.

B1BomberVB likes this.