Reward Flight "On Request" vs "On Hold"

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by squinlavin, Apr 3, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    I have a reservation I thought was put on hold but when I look at the screen it says On Request on 4/8/2014 which is the date I had a previous hold supposed to free up. I no longer have that one on my reservations page.

Any thoughts?

2. ballardFlyer

ballardFlyer Gold Member

Status Points:
    On request means it doesn't have eticket numbers issued yet.

Try pulling it up again by your name and PNR on aa.com via reservation search?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  3. miamigrad
    Original Member

miamigrad Silver Member

Status Points:
    IME, "on request" is shown when there is one or more segments on a partner airline, while "on hold" shows when the award is all AA segments.

Do you have any non-AA segments in your award?

4. MX

MX Gold Member

Status Points:
    "On Request" means "In Limbo" or "pending review by someone competent". I too noticed that strange new requirement of the AA award reservation process. New reservations, cancellations, even slight changes like seat assignments, first freezes the itin in that state. Sometimes it gets stuck there for days, and you have to call and ask an agent to get things going.

5. squinlavin

squinlavin Member

Status Points:
    hmm, well I guess if the reservation is still technically held it is not a big deal..

Miamigrad: Yes, one of the flights is on HA 4 yet I previously had a flight with that same leg and it was won hold not reserve.