Reward benefits for PLT at HI or CP

Discussion in 'IHG | Rewards Club/Ambassador' started by thegrailer, Jan 3, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Is there a policy on benefits for award stays for Plts at HI or CP? Is it a US v non-US policy? So far, I've received lounge access on an award stay in CPH at a CP but is that chain wide? (eg, in the CP Paris?). And what about HI? I don't think I have ever actually spent a night in a HI except for the nights of the ORD DO these past 2 years. [albeit, there aren't ounges - are there anywhere?] The T&Cs speak of no upgrade, but what about the CP lounge? Is it similar to IC nights where on can pay for access but at a discount b/c of status?
    Nutshell, I can use other hotel points and get lounge access - drinks and breaky - but the deal isn't nearly as good as with CP/HI so I'd really like to use my PC points.

Cheers-

2. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    Priority Club Platinum doesn't provide much under the terms and conditions.

Each hotel thus interprets things differently, most Crowne Plaza properties will provide lounge access outside the U.S. but there aren't guarantees, always best to research properties in advance if you are concerned with the benefits that will be provided.

3. gleff
    Original Member

gleff Co-founder

Status Points:
    And be sure to explicitly check how the given property treats benefits on reward stays since many will treat those differently (less well).

Priority Club is really the only chain that explciitly values reward stays for elites less than paid nights.

4. thegrailer
    Original Member

thegrailer Silver Member

Status Points:
    Thanks. helpful info