Revised Catering at AA LHR Flagship Lounge???

Discussion in 'American Airlines | AAdvantage' started by stuartfla, Nov 7, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    Reading through the November issue of Business Traveller, on page 26 under a forum titled "Best OW First Class Lounge at LHR", there is a reference to "the newly revised catering in the AA Flagship lounge is a great improvement".

Does anyone have recent first hand experience to share??? IME the Flagship lounge took a catering dive after the refurbishment. I was truly surprised to see the LHR Flagship lounge mentioned in a best First lounge at T3 article in particular as the writer says, "while the menu choice, in quality is light years ahead of BA's" That had NOT been even remotely my experience.

Although I have departed out of Term 3 at LHR at least a dozen times in the last six months, I have not stepped foot in the Flagship lounge much less the admirals club. (I spend my time in the BA Galleries First or Cathay's F and even just visited the new "No 1" lounge that now competes as a Priority Pass option with the Servistar lounge, both directly above the BA lounge).

2. DestinationDavid
    Original Member

DestinationDavid Milepoint Guide

Status Points:
    Went through BA F and the AA FL three weeks ago multiple times (coming to and from the OWMD launch party :) ) and sadly can't really shed much light on this. I was only in the FL in the AM, so the catering was pretty much what I've always experienced. Assorted pastries for the most part. They did have bacon and sausage rolls which I don't recall being there previously, though I might have simply passed those up on previous visits since I'm not much of a pork eater.

I still prefer the BA offering in T3.

3. superscot
    Original Member

superscot Gold Member

Status Points:
    I've had the bacon rolls in the LHR FL lounge. They can't hold a candle to the ones in the BA F lounge next door. For me, the highpoint of westbound TATL is a bacon roll and a glass of real champagne for breakfast in the BA F lounge (although I did notice a significant downgrade in quality of the champagne last weekend).

4. chanp
    Original Member

chanp Silver Member

Status Points:
    I'll try to report back on the 22nd

stuartfla likes this.
  5. stuartfla
    Original Member

stuartfla Silver Member

Status Points:
    I will be going thru T3 again this Wednesday and I will post here too- may bring the Business Traveler article with me although there never was any agents at the little front desk inside the FL when I used to stop by before going to BA First. All the agents were always out of the FL at the Admirals Club shared main desk and I seemed to remember lines which , if long I might not be so up for