Reviews of 4 Bethesda/Rockville MD Hilton properties

Discussion in 'Hilton | HHonors' started by b1513, Mar 6, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. b1513
    Original Member

b1513 Silver Member

Status Points:
    Within the past year I've had multiple stays in each of these hotels. I'm reviewing them as a Diamond.

Washington, D.C/Rockville Hilton Hotel and Executive Center - this hotel is actually in Rockville. It is a very nice well kept hotel with a great front desk staff. Stayed in a variety of rooms but mostly was upgraded to suites including the Presidential suite once. There is no lounge but was given breakfast coupons. The breakfast was a buffet but you can order off the menu if desired. The bar is large with friendly bartenders. The metro is immediately behind the hotel which makes it very handy. Self parking is $15.00. I've eaten dinner in the restaurant a number of times and the meal was adequate. No complaints.

Hilton Garden Inn, Bethesda - It's located in central Bethesda tucked away immediately off Wisconsind Ave, the main drag. The room was fine and typical of most HGIs. Front desk staff is accommodating and were quick to solve a problem I had a few months back. This hotel still has smoking rooms BTW. It is self parking for $20.00. The metro is a short block away. Ruth's Chris is adjoining the hotel and room service is available from Ruth's which is nice. Other restaurants are very nearby. Breakfast is a buffet with eggs any way you want them. The hotel bar is cozy and comfortable.

Doubletree, Bethesda- wonderful front desk staff. I've never had an upgrade here to a suite only to a better room. A plus to this hotel is that, as a Diamond, you have access to a locked room called the Pantry where all types of snacks, non-alcoholic drinks, cheesesteaks (that can be heated in the microwave), etc. are available for free. There is a big variety from which to choose. Always got breakfast coupons to the buffet where the eggs are any way you like them. I think there's a menu too but don't take that to the bank. Parking is $20.00 for valet parking. There is no metro close in the immediate vicinity. The bar is small and didn't appear to be too inviting IMO.

Homewood Suites, Rockville- I only had one stay at this hotel. Front desk nice. This appeared to be a new hotel. Parking was free and there is a complimentary shuttle to the metro. Breakfast was a buffet. It was just okay. The breakfast area was smallish but adequate.

Ktremor, travelingmore and thetenken like this.
  2. violist
    Original Member

violist Gold Member

Status Points:
    Thanks - this information may well come in handy for me.

3. msv
    Original Member

msv Gold Member

Status Points:
    To expand this slightly I've stayed at both the Hilton Silver Spring and Homewood Suites Silver Spring which is an easy walk to the metro red line as well as many buses to the local area. I have had horrible problems with the Hilton and the heat being way too high which including getting walked to the Homewood Suites (across the street and shares the building with the Hampton Inn). Room as gold in Hilton Silver Spring was a mini suite and nice but if it's too hot and that happened twice it's no good. The Homewood Suites is very spacious and the corner rooms are really good. It also has a very nice b'fast buffet. I stayed on the weekend so no mgrs receptions though.

4. To expand on the Doubletree Bethesda - The Pantry is awesome! Also, you can actually walk to 2 metro stations and they have a free shuttle to both (you do have to check with the front desk for the times on the shuttle). They have a Mgr Reception on Wednesday nights where they gave free wine and the chef demo's something on the menu and you get to sample it (the gave large samples and the wine kept flowing). The crab cake was delicious and did not have any filler which I loved. Apparently, in the summer, they do Pool Parties on Thursday nights with free food so I am planning to check that out next time.