Reviews and/or Comments on the Avia Napa?

Discussion in 'Hyatt | Gold Passport' started by theBOAT, Oct 11, 2011.  |  Print Topic

1. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Hi all,

I'm starting to plan a trip to (USA) wine country for my anniversary early next year, and I have the Avia Napa on my short list, both because it's a nice looking property & because I have suite upgrade certs to burn!

After a search, though, I couldn't find anyone that had stayed there or posted a review here on MP. Does anyone have 1st hand, or even 2nd hand, experiece with this hotel? I'm interested in general experiences, as well as Diamond benefits & upgrade type. It appears from a quick search that it's only about $20 difference between a King room & the lowest level suite price - so not a huge value for burning a cert...

I stayed at that Westin Versa Napa two years ago as a Gold and it was nice, so I'm hoping for an even nicer room now that I've made SPG Plat, unless the Avia is the better choice.

Thanks!

theBOAT

roadwarrior365 likes this.
  2. roadwarrior365
    Original Member

roadwarrior365 Silver Member

Status Points:
    I stayed there a year or so ago in a nice suite before it was part of Hyatt can't remember all the details, but overall it was a very nice hotel. There is no reason to burn the upgrade if its only $20 more a night for the suite.

3. MSPeconomist
    Original Member

MSPeconomist Gold Member

Status Points:
    If you call Hyatt, they can verify the exact room type (and description) of what you get with the Diamond confirmed upgrade. I suspect that either you are looking at dates with limited availability for regular rooms (hence at rack rate) or a junior suite.

4. theBOAT
    Original Member

theBOAT Silver Member

Status Points:
    Will do, thx.

theBOAT