Review: Westin Singapore

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jan 12, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    I was really excited to check out the new Westin Singapore, given that it just opened about a year ago. I find Singapore to be a hotel market that's well past its prime, so a hotel scores huge points just for being new, in my opinion. For our one night stay I had the option between paying 580SGD (~465USD) or 16,000 Starpoints for a base room at the Westin. 580SGD for a night is crazy, so I obviously redeemed the Starpoints, a redemption value I was quite happy with. The revenue rate actually made me really curious about the quality of this property, since the price was even higher than the St. Regis the night prior. We took a taxi from the St. Regis to the Westin, which took about 15 minutes. The Westin is located near the financial district, and is actually in the brand new Asia Square Tower. The hotel uses levels 32 to 46 of the building, which is otherwise occupied by office space. The first thing I noticed is that while the Westin is near the financial district, it's quite removed from everything. The building kind of occupies its own plot of land, so it's a good 10 minute walk until you're in the financial district, or anywhere else for that matter. The post Review: Westin Singapore appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...