Review: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse London Heathrow

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jul 19, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

The day before my return flight to Los Angeles, I got an email from Virgin Atlantic inviting me to use the Upper Class Wing at Heathrow Terminal 3. I had actually planned on navigating my way to Paddington Station and taking the Heathrow Express, which I find incredibly convenient and quick. However, since the Andaz is a long haul from Paddington itself, I realized that an Uber might be the most efficient way of getting directly from the Andaz to Heathrow, and wouldn't require a transfer at Paddington with a set of carry-ons. The Upper Class Wing is actually meant to be used for drop-offs by car, so I figured this was a great opportunity to test it out. Just before I hailed my Uber, I had the Andaz call the Upper Class Wing to let them know I was on my way. Taking an Uber to the airport was actually a terrific idea, even on a Monday morning during rush hour. I'd expected bedlam, but the ride was relatively quick and I was in the Heathrow area within 35-40 minutes. In order to be dropped off at the Upper Class Wing, you actually have to take a special off-ramp just before Terminal 3. The on-ramp is blocked by a series of barriers. If Virgin Atlantic already has your car's information (basically, its license plate number), supposedly there's an optical reader which will scan and automatically admit your car. Since I didn't know my Uber's license plate number beforehand, however, I had to "buzz in." It took a few seconds for the attendant to check my name against their list, but soon enough the Uber pulled into a canopied valet-type area that reminded me, weirdly, a bit of a Las Vegas hotel. The post Review: Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse London Heathrow appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...