Review: United First Class Q400 Denver To Salt Lake City

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Aug 23, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Back in July I had a little business trip over to Salt Lake City, and was originally booked to fly United Express on a CR 200. The night before, however, I noticed that the flight before mine was available for a free Same Day Confirmed change. Not only would it get me in an hour earlier -- which was preferable -- but it would also give me a chance to fly the Bombardier Q400 operated by Republic Airways for United. Even better, the flight showed F3 R2 at the time that I made the change, meaning that there was an excellent chance that my complimentary upgrade would clear. Given that United has announced plans to phase out the Q400, I couldn't pass up this bucket list opportunity to fly first class on a propeller plane. I seem to recall having flown a de Havilland Dash 8 many years ago, but that was in economy. The novelty factor of flying on a pimped-out prop plane along with the fact that the Denver - Salt Lake City flight path offers some great flight-seeing made this a surprisingly interesting trip. And to all those who grumble that you never get a United First class trip report around here, this one's for you. The post Review: United First Class Q400 Denver To Salt Lake City appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...