Review: The Airport Hotel Doha Hamad International Airport

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 18, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    One of the nice new features of the Hamad International Airport is that it has a transit hotel that's airside. It's so convenient to have a hotel that's past security so that when you wake up you can shower and head straight to the gate. The last time I had an overnight in Doha I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Doha, which is one of the closer hotels to the airport. Still, that's significantly less convenient than staying airside. In this case we arrived at 10:40PM and were departing at 7:40AM. We wanted to be at the gate early for the inaugural A350 flight, so it would be a short night. I decided to book The Airport Hotel at Hamad International Airport. The rate for a basic room on their website was 800QAR (~$220). A friend alerted me that if you're only staying for up to eight hours they'll bump the rate down to 640QAR (~$175). It requires emailing the hotel, but they seem to respond pretty quickly. The post Review: The Airport Hotel Doha Hamad International Airport appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...