Review: Sheraton Stockholm Hotel

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Sep 11, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

This was my first time visiting Stockholm, and I had heard time and again about how expensive the city is. What I find interesting is that even though Stockholm seems to be a super "high end" city, it's sort of lacking when it comes to luxury hotels. There aren't any major luxury chains in Stockholm (ie, Four Season or Ritz-Carlton), so the luxury sector really is limited. My two preferred hotel chains are Hyatt and Starwood. There are no Hyatts in Stockholm, and there's one Starwood property -- a Sheraton. So that made the decision of where to stay super easy. We booked three nights at the Sheraton, at a rate of ~$320 per night. Unfortunately no standard rooms were available, so Starpoints couldn't be redeemed for a standard room. It still seemed like the best option in Stockholm, especially given the money we'd save by having breakfast and drinks included thanks to the club lounge at the hotel, which we'd get access to thanks to my SPG Platinum status (and also thanks to having the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express). Furthermore, this stay would qualify towards the Sheraton Free Weekends promotion. The post Review: Sheraton Stockholm Hotel appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...