Review: Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Mar 13, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    For reasons I won't get into here, I ended up spending several nights at the Sheraton Skyline London Heathrow. Because, ya know, there's nothing more glamorous than staying at a Heathrow Airport hotel for extended periods of time. Keep in mind that this is the hotel which is being purchased by Qatar Airways and being rebranded as the Oryx Sheraton Skyline London Heathrow. The previous week I had stayed at the Sheraton London Heathrow Hotel, so I was curious to see how this hotel compared. It's generally regarded as being quite a bit better than the other Sheraton, and is usually priced accordingly. My rate was 89GBP (~130USD) per night, which I thought was a great rate for the "premium" Heathrow Starwood property. As a point of reference, the Sheraton Skyline London Heathrow is a Category 3 SPG property, making it 7,000 Starpoints per night (up until recently it was a Category 4 property). Given weekdays rates at this hotel sometimes, there are certainly circumstances under which it could make sense to redeem points for a stay. The post Review: Sheraton Skyline Hotel London Heathrow appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...