Review Sheraton Jacksonville

Discussion in 'Starwood | Preferred Guest' started by LAM, Jul 17, 2014.  |  Print Topic

1. LAM

LAM Silver Member

Status Points:
    Just got back from a stay at the Sheraton Jacksonville during a short business trip. Got a decent corporate rate with breakfast being $5.00 more per night so I took that. The hotel is located near multiple business parks south of Jacksonville. I do not have status so I was only placed on the SPG member floor. The room was fine with a comfortable bed, good water pressure and a mini-fridge and microwave. There were also several free bottles of water. There was also free Wi-fi. I found the speed to be usable but I did not try to stream video content etc. The decor is very masculine and traditional. Parts of the decor are in need of an update such as the carpet. The bathroom had a large shower (no tub). The breakfast buffet was ok for $5.00 but not a lot of choices. Saw many others ordering off the menu. There are multiple restaurants in less than a 5 minute drive but they are not really walkable. I had my bill emailed and did not discover until today they had made a mistake. I sent an e-mail and the bill was fixed very quickly. I would stay there again but only on a good rate.

2. avflyer
    Original Member

avflyer Silver Member

Status Points:
    I agree...nothing exceptional, but a clean, well run property. Rates are in the $125 range. I do not like the arrangement where the lounge is part of the elevator lobby. It's just weird. I find the rooms to be a bit dark as well..not much natural light.

Over the Atlantic likes this.
  3. Over the Atlantic

Over the Atlantic Silver Member

Status Points:
    I was a regular at this property when it first opened, but eventually took my business elsewhere for reasons cited in this thread and the opening of a Four Points not far away on Baymeadows. From my experience, it's difficult to find a decent business hotel in that city without stuffy decor and cavalier front desk people.