Review: Radisson Blu Astrid Antwerp

Discussion in 'Carlson | Club Carlson' started by IkeEsq, Sep 17, 2012.  |  Print Topic

1. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    This was our second stop after leaving the Holland America ms Eurodam on our 10-day Baltic cruise. It was also our last night before heading back home. All flights and hotel, except one night and two rooms at a Park Plaza in Berlin for 50K points each, were free via miles and certificates. We originally used 44K and 66K Club Carlson points received during the first BigNightGiveaway for a standard and a Business Room. However, the night before we arrived, I checked and rooms were available at half normal points costs, so I booked two standard rooms for 22K points a piece and cancelled our other reservations.

HotelANT.jpg

The hotel was right across a small square from the Centraal Station in Antwerp, which was also next to the zoo. There was a ferris wheel and some small kids rides right outside the train station, which my son enjoyed. There is also an aquarium in the hotel itself, as well as a pool. The hotel is a short walk, 5 minutes, from the train station.

We arrived a little before noon and were initially told that our rooms were not ready but then they upgraded us to adjoining rooms, which is exactly what we were looking for. The staff was really nice and friendly. There was free WiFi, although we are both Gold so I think that was a Gold perk. We had an early train to BRU to catch our flight home in the morning so we did not make breakfast. Overall the rooms were nice and more US sized than an average European hotel room.

uggboy, flyingdawg and Kalboz like this.
  2. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Did you guys had the chance to use the "Health & Spa dept" or what was it called? That was awful for Radisson Blu in Europe... unfortunately :(

3. IkeEsq

IkeEsq Gold Member

Status Points:
    We did not, perhaps fortunately. We were only in Antwerp for a day before flying back to the US and we spent most of the time indulging my son's fascination with the carnival rides in front of the train station.

flyingdawg likes this.
  4. cliq

cliq Silver Member

Status Points:
    Oh great! That would have made you wanna say wt...? That was the first Radisson Blu I have been with messy spa/sauna dept. The lobby and all was ok though...

IkeEsq likes this.