Review: Park Hyatt Maldives Park Water Villa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 8, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

After spending two nights in a Park Villa and three nights in a Park Pool Villa, I figured it was worth spending my last night in a Park Water Villa. While I was thrilled with the base room at this hotel, the Park Villa, I figured a trip to the Maldives wouldn't be complete without at least one night over water. As I explained in one of the previous installments, if you're redeeming points you're automatically booked into a Park Villa. As a Diamond member you can receive a space available upgrade to a Park Pool Villa, though can't get a free upgrade to a Park Water Villa. So the way to secure a Park Water Villa is to pay a supplement of $494.10 ($405 plus 22% tax/service charge) per night. In the case of my stay, that was the rate difference between a Park Villa and a Park Water Villa. While that's steep, I figured it would be worthwhile. Of the 50 villas at the resort, 14 of them are overwater villas, and they can all be accessed from the same jetty. The jetty to the overwater villas starts just past the restaurant and main pool. It's picturesque to say the least, especially around sunset. The post Review: Park Hyatt Maldives Park Water Villa appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...