Review: Park Hyatt Maldives Park Villa

Discussion in 'Blogstand' started by BoardingArea, Jun 6, 2015.  |  Print Topic

1. BoardingArea

BoardingArea News Feed

Status Points:
    In terms of my review of the Park Hyatt, I've decided to reverse the order in which I'm reviewing the property. First I want to review the three room types, and then I'll talk more about the resort as such. Before my stay at the Park Hyatt I wrote a post entitled "Park Hyatt Maldives Upgrades -- My Head Hurts." The Park Hyatt Maldives has four room types. When you redeem your Gold Passport points you're automatically booked into a Park Villa. There are three other room types which you can upgrade to for cash (see the previous post for a much more detailed explanation), but basically: -- The category above the Park Villa is the Park Pool Villa, which is the same type of room but has a plunge pool. As a Diamond member you receive a space available upgrade to this room type, or you can pay a supplement of $250.10 ($205 plus 22% tax/service charge) per night to confirm an upgrade to one. -- The category above the Park Pool Villa is the Park Water Villa, which is the "base" overwater villa. There's no way to get upgraded to this room type for free, so you can pay a supplement of $494.10 ($405 plus 22% tax/service charge) per night to confirm an upgrade to one. -- The category above the Park Water Villa is the Sunset Water Villa, which is the overwater villa with the best view. You can pay a supplement of $744.20 ($610 plus 22% tax/service charge) per night to confirm an upgrade to one. This is actually a new room type, as previously all overwater villas were considered the same. The post Review: Park Hyatt Maldives Park Villa appeared first on One Mile at a Time.

Continue reading...